Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Blog in progress (This is my online sketchbook after all!!)

So I have been doing a lot of online research on Op Art. Its just occurred to me to go to the library and look for books on Op Art and the artists famous for it. I probably won't be able to get to that till Thursday.

Anyways, I am kinda getting the idea of what is necessary to create a successful illusion. It requires repetitionl, variation of line. The line must be clean and very considered, otherwise the mind processes the minute difference and the illusion doesn't work.
I found this online. I am guessing it was done by a child.

It is almost a successful piece, but there are tiny irregularities that prevent it from being completely successful.

This one was definitely done by a child. I think it is quite good considering.

I am working on my own, don't know if I will post tonight but will have them tomorrow.

No comments: